TerraLUX has discovered how to fit 250 lumens of light into a pocket-size flashlight that is not much larger that a tube of lipstick.
The TT-1 features three output settings, a dedicated strobe switch and 1.3 hours of full-power runtime on a single CR-123A battery. TerraLUX’s Optimized Digital Control (ODC) technology delivers up to 43 percent longer runtimes and 30 percent more lumen output.
“With its small size, it’s easy to underestimate the power of the TT-1,” said Wade Stevens, TerraLUX vice president of sales. “This is the perfect tactical light for every day carry.”
The TT-line of lights features a design that allows the user to access a separate, dedicated strobe switch. This ergonomically designed button allows the strobe to be quickly deployed in a dynamic critical incident, when time and fine motor skills are at a minimum. The disorientation from the variable- frequency strobe can buy users the critical seconds necessary to get away from an attacker.
CNC-machined from aircraft-grade 6061 aluminum, the TT-1 sports a Type III hard-coat anodized for, the TT-1 is designed for hard-use and always-ready durability.
“We’ve built these lights to withstand almost anything you can throw at them,” Stevens said. “When personal safety is at stake, be it a police officer on the street or a mother in her driveway, these lights have to work.”
Some of the features of the TT-1 are:
• 250 ANSI lumen Cree Gen 2 XL-G LED
• High power—250 lumens for 1.2 hours of runtime
• Medium—60 lumens for 4 hours
• Low—4 lumens 70 hours
• Strobe—250 lumens 2 hours
• IPx8 water-proof for 4 hours at 2 meters depth
• Tempered glass lens with precision micro-textured reflector
• Removable crenelated strike bezel and grip ring
• Multi-function dual switch tail-cap with direct strobe access for single-hand operation
• Impact tested to 1.5 meters
• MSRP $104.99