You won’t find drunken chefs, hiccupping puppies, makeup-application lessons (OK, there is one but you have to dig for it…) or anything even close to Gangnam Style, but American Rifleman and its NRA Publications counterparts have contributed handily to the billions of YouTube views since the launch of the video-sharing site some 10 years ago. Operating as the NRAPubs Channel since 2009, American Rifleman, American Hunter, Shooting Illustrated and other NRA Publications properties proudly announce that they have contributed nearly 1,100 original videos, which have collectively received close to 11 million views to date.
So as YouTube celebrates its 10th anniversary and while you try to wrap your mind around just how many videos it comprises (it was reported that in 2014 it saw a mind-boggling 300 hours of new videos uploaded every minute), know that we have assembled of some of the most popular videos that represent safe shooting and industry news, including more than a hundred “Gun of the Week” videos.
Here’s a look at our Top 10 most-viewed videos since our channel launched in March 2009:
1) Aaron Lewis: Grandaddy’s Gun
2) How Ammo is Made
3) Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
4) The World’s Largest Typical Whitetail Deer: The Milo Hanson Buck
5) Where’s the Ammo? Steve Hornady Responds
6) Beretta M9 25th Anniversary
7) Inside the Industry: Where’s the .22 Ammo?
8) Winchester PDX1 .410 Demo
9) First View of the Beretta A400 Xplor Unico
10) Gun of the Week: Ruger Mini-14