Fortunately, the updated 24th edition of J. Scott Kappas’ "Traveler’s Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States" has America’s gun-carrying travelers covered for 2021. Within its 68 pages are more than 100 updates since 2020, including 50 subheads in each state’s checklist detailing ammo-carry rules and new online updates for conditional reciprocity states. This includes among other aspects:
- Carry of firearms in a motor vehicle.
- Concealed carry reciprocity.
- Firearm law preemption.
- Concealed carry in state and national parks.
- Concealed carry in restaurants serving alcohol.
- Open carry without a permit.
- Traveling with firearms on airlines, cruise ships, buses, RVs and motorcycles.
- Firearm possession in hotels, on college campuses and school grounds.
- State laws regulating long guns, handguns, NFA items and parts restrictions.
- How to handle a traffic stop.
Examples of individual state pages: