The nominees for election to the NRA Board in 2019 have been selected by the Nominating Committee and/or by petition of the membership.
The Board consists of 76 Directors. The terms of office of one-third of the 75 Directors expire at each Annual Meeting of Members. One Director is elected for a one-year term at each Annual Meeting of Members. That Director is selected from only those candidates who were not elected by the mail ballot.
The 2019 election will fill the 25 three-year terms that expire in 2022 and two one-year terms that opened up due to resignations and that expire in 2020. Voting members will be asked to vote for a total of 27 candidates. The 25 candidates receiving the highest number of votes will be elected to three-year terms and the two receiving the next highest number of votes will each be elected to one-year terms.
Below is the list of nominees for the 2019 NRA Director ballot that will accompany the February 2019 magazines or will be mailed first class to those members eligible to vote.
1. Joe M. Allbaugh Nardin, Oklahoma
2. Paul D. Babaz Atlanta, Georgia
3. Bob Barr Smyrna, Georgia
4. Matt Blunt Middleburg, Virginia
5. Pete R. Brownell Grinnell, Iowa
6. Dave Butz Swansea, Illinois
7. Richard R. Childress Lexington, North Carolina
8. Anthony P. Colandro Woodland Park, New Jersey
9. Larry E. Craig Boise, Idaho
10. Richard S. Figueroa Brenham, Texas
11. Carol Bambery Frampton Prosperity, South Carolina
12. Sandra S. Froman Tucson, Arizona
13. Mark Geist Colorado Springs, Colorado
14. Marion P. Hammer Tallahassee, Florida
15. Kevin Hogan Taylor Ridge, Illinois
16. Susan Howard Boerne, Texas
17. Tom King East Greenbush, New York
18. Adam Kraut West Chester, Pennsylvania
19. Herbert A. Lanford, Jr. Columbia, South Carolina