Move over Glock 19. Move over Glock 23. Less than a year after the release of its M&P M2.0 pistol, Smith & Wesson Corp. has grown the family by adding the M&P M2.0 Compact pistol series. Available in 9 mm and .40 S&W, the series builds upon the popular platform in a versatile, carry-size configuration, and is designed for both personal and professional use.
President and CEO of American Outdoor Brands Corporation James Debney said, “When we introduced the M&P M2.0 pistol family back in January, we announced our plans to expand the next-generation M2.0 product platform beyond the full-size design." He said the M&P M2.0 pistols represent a growing family of products developed through feedback from Smith & Wesson’s professional and civilian customers to deliver the performance and features they desire.
The compact pistol series features a 15- or 13-round capacity (depending on caliber), and a 4” barrel, blending a feature set that offers both shootability and concealment. “The M&P M2.0 Compact pistol series bridges the gap for those who want a single firearm for professional use, personal protection, carry, or practice at the range,” said Debney. “We believe the new M&P M2.0 Compact series will be sought after by consumers whose purchase option in this category has, until now, been limited primarily to the Glock 19 or 23.”
M&P M2.0 Compact pistol features include:
- Low barrel bore axis
- Four interchangeable dimensional palmswell grips: S, M, ML,
- New aggressive M2.0 textured grip for enhanced control
- New front cocking serrations
- New M2.0 crisp trigger with lighter trigger pull
- Tactile and audible trigger reset
- Accurate 1:10" twist barrel in both 9 mm and .40 S&W
- Extended rigid embedded stainless steel chassis to reduce flex and torque when firing
- Tactical white 3-dot steel sights
- Ambidextrous slide stop, reversible magazine release, and optional ambidextrous thumb safety
- Simple M&P pistol take-down lever
- M&P pistol sear deactivation lever
- Armornite-hardened nitride durable corrosion resistant finish on barrel and slideThe M&P M2.0 Compact pistol is available both with and without an ambidextrous thumb safety, and priced at an MSRP of $569. The pistol ships with two magazines, including two magazine extender sleeves for use with full-size magazines, as well as a limited lifetime warranty and lifetime service policy.
For more information on Smith & Wesson products, please visit smith-wesson.com
Tested: Smith & Wesson's M&P M2.0 Pistol
Smith & Wesson's New Meat and Potatoes Pistol: The M&P M2.0
SHOT Show 2017: Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0
NRA Gun of the Week: Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 Pistol