Of the numerous, and varied, duties of American Rifleman's editors, few are as difficult as reviewing the past year's new product releases and selecting the firearms, ammunition and accessories that are most deserving of the sought after American Rifleman Golden Bullseye Award.
The Golden Bullseye is a symbol of excellence and innovation in firearms, accessories and related equipment. The American Rifleman staff does not take the selection of its winners lightly, and has the utmost confidence that readers will receive this year's recipients with enthusiasm.
Accordingly, the Golden Bullseye Pioneer Award specifically honors outstanding personal achievement.
NRA Publications will present its annual Golden Bullseye Awards and Golden Bullseye Pioneer Award at an invitation-only breakfast during the 2014 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, April 25-27, in Indianapolis, Ind.
The following products, and their representative manufacturers, received 2014's American Rifleman Golden Bullseye Awards.
• Rifle of the Year: IWI US Tavor SAR
• Shotgun of the Year: Weatherby SA-08 Deluxe 28 Gauge
• Handgun of the Year: Kimber Master Carry Pro
• Tactical Gun of the Year: Kimber Model 8400 Patrol Rifle
• Ammunition Product of the Year: Winchester TrAAcker Shotshells
• Optic of the Year: Leupold VX-R Patrol Riflescope
• Accessory of the Year: Otis B.O.N.E. Tool
• Pioneer Award: Frank Brownell, Chairman of the Board, Brownell's, Inc.