by NRA Staff - Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Storing ammunition for long periods of time has often been problematic, resulting in corroded ammo that can cause jams and malfunctions.
Ammo in a Can from Ready Reserve Ammo contains high-quality factory ammunition from ATK that has packed with inert nitrogen gas in the can to protect the ammunition.
Without moisture or oxygen in the can, the ammunition does not deteriorate, corrode or rust. This gives the ammo an indefinite shelf life, regardless of the environment outside the can. The can is enameled to insulate the rounds from electrolysis. Just use the pop-top lid to open and the plastic overcap will give the remaining rounds reasonable containment and protection from the elements.
Ammo in a can is available in the following calibers and quantities:
• .22 Long Rifle, 40 grain CPRN in 333 and 100 round cans
• 9 mm Luger, 115 grain FMJ 50 round can
• .38 Spl. +P, 158 grain FMJ 50 round can
• .40 cal S&W, 180 grain FMJ 50 round can
• 12 Gauge, 2 3/4 inch Reduced Recoil 00 Buck 5 round can
• 5.56, 62 grain XM855 Penetrator FMJ 30 round can
• 7.62 X 39 mm Soviet 124 grain FMJ 25 round can
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about American Rifleman magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on American Rifleman, visit nramediakit.com for more information