Handguns > News

Walther PK380 Safety Recall

Walther has issued a recall of PK380 due to a safety issued related to the manual safety.

10/5/2012

Carl Walther GmbH has issued a recall of certain PK380 pistols because Walther has found that engagement of the manual safety may not prevent firing of a chambered round when the trigger is pulled.

The recall applies to Walther PK380 pistols manufactured between May 2012 and September 2012, with a serial number between PK101201 and PK112155.

If you own a Walther PK380 in this range, stop using your pistol and return it to Walther Arms immediately. To facilitate the inspection and repair, if necessary, of your pistol, please contact Walther Arm's customer service department at 1-800-713-0356 to receive instructions and a call tag for the return of your pistol to Walther Arms.

Comments

18 Responses to Walther PK380 Safety Recall

Joe wrote:
May 06, 2014

I'm not concerned with the safety so much as the gun will not fire. My wife liked the look and feel so I bought her one, got on the range, click... I figured reloads, no big deal, get some better ammo. Went home got some factory ammo, same thing. I always considered Walther synonymous with quality. I'm now rethinking that!

Mike wrote:
April 08, 2013

I own the pk380 and p22. Have done alot of research and have not had any safety issues that Pete referances. If you actually own the guns and maintain them correctly you will never have an issue. <---- quote by Paul 11/3/2012 I really hope you don't believe what you said, but sadly I think you do. I have first hand experience with the safety failure on a p22, the safety block failed and a round went of on me (accidental discharge). I brought it back to the shop I got it from and they looked at me like I was full of it. They ended up selling it to another shop I frequent and as soon as I saw it I informed the owner and he sent it back to walther/smith and Wesson....their solution, lightly file the hammer down and ship it back looking like crap....I'll never buy another p22 or similar models for that matter. SAFETY FIRST?!?! ......... Rrrrriiiiigghhttt -_-

Phil wrote:
April 08, 2013

Great gun,love it!! I use a Fobus hard holster designed for the Glock 27,fits perfect and tightly retains the pistol.

Dave wrote:
April 06, 2013

Interesting I just read about the safety recall. I'm guessing I'm OK as my serial is PK 000236. It is designated as a "First Edition".

David wrote:
February 22, 2013

There are a bunch on eBay.

Ron wrote:
February 08, 2013

cant find a mag for my pk380! I cant beleive it.

Spaz wrote:
February 02, 2013

Totally agree with Nathan, you are the perfect safety mech. My Walter pk has been one of the best pistols I've owned (especially under $400). Nothing but reliable, I trust it with my life. Absolutly love this weapon!

Nathan wrote:
January 14, 2013

First and foremost you are the most reliable safety. Follow safe shooting fundamentals. Never trust a mechanical safety. It's a mechanical device it can fail at any time.

Dennis wrote:
January 13, 2013

Don, I got the Galco high rise leather holster for my pk380 in the Glock 17 size. It fits snug, had to work the leather with some conditioner. It fits perfectly now.

Underwaterops wrote:
January 10, 2013

I own two of the PK380s, and the P22. Love them all, never a jam during target and test, and very light and easy to use. I particularly like the integrated laser sight. So I'm surprised Walther Germany had a glitch. Not like them.

Sam wrote:
January 07, 2013

Not sure why this is really an issue. I never engage the safety AND I treat all firearms as if the firearm is loaded AND the safety is not engaged. Just saying!!!!

Don wrote:
December 21, 2012

That holster was for the pk380,Walther. Serial# pk078739. Thanks!

Don wrote:
December 21, 2012

Have not been able to find a galcoGunleather carry holster, either in or out side the waistband. Any help?

christopher wrote:
December 02, 2012

These are amazingly fine little guns and I wouldn't trade mine for any s&w or sig. Occasionally, problems happen; it's part of life and part of owning a business, but this is a very dependable gun and I've had no problems with it, at all.

Willie wrote:
November 14, 2012

I have the pk380. I love it as far as ergonomics. Its a beatiful weapon. I would have expected more from walther. We should be reimbursed with a mag or two, if we have to go unarmed because of their mishap.

Paul wrote:
November 03, 2012

Mary wrote:
October 24, 2012

I've been trying to get it returned, called, was told label would come via e-mail. It's been 3 weeks now. Maybe snail mail? I like the gun, the way it fits my hand and eye. Disappointing that it's taking so long to get necessary information.

Pete wrote:
October 08, 2012

The safety on my P22 was terrible, so we shouldn't be surprised that it is also a mess on the .380 version. A reminder to me that some guns are for recreation ONLY, never self defense.