Whether you’re going to brave the crowds, or forgo the traffic and do your shopping on the Internet, the firearm industry has some smoking deals this week.
This year’s gun-sales have been at a scalding pace and it may peak this week. Last year Black Friday recorded the second-highest number of NICS checks and gun sales (175,754 or nearly 3 per second). It’s little wonder, considering some of the incentives from the firearm industry. Here’s a short list of a few deals you may not want to miss.
• MGM Targets has select models on sale, and is offering free shipping on steel orders of more than $250 within the continental United States—plus guaranteed delivery before Christmas. You’ll never know how shooters feel when they hear a bullet slap steel. I admit that’s not a very good play on angels getting wings every time a bell rings, but it’s the best I can muster this early in the holiday season…sorry.
• 5.11 Tactical is offering up to 25 percent off gear at select dealers and on line.
• Remington is providing additional rebates (scroll down to the Black Friday graphic for details) on select ammunition and firearms included in the incentive include the venerable Model 870 for those home-defense chores.
And lastly, for those folks willing to get behind the wheel and brave the cold, the big-box stores have some deals going on, too.
• The first 100 shoppers through the door at Gander Mountains on Friday will receive a card for a free giveaway, or half off their purchase. They’ll also qualify for a chance to win a $500 gift card. I really would prefer not to report this, but it in the interest of fairness the company is also open Thanksgiving Day.
• Cabela’s is offering more than $1 million in giveaways on Black Friday. The first 600 customers in line at U.S. stores (ages 18 and older) will receive a random “mystery envelope” that could qualify them to take home a Winchester bolt-action rifle combo or many other great gifts.
I hope everyone has a safe, restful and happy Thanksgiving.