MidwayUSA Donates 50K to Bianchi Cup Scholarship
Shooting industry leaders are partnering to create the MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup Scholarship to send new shooters to the Bianchi Cup.
By NRA Staff
MidwayUSA is partnering with others in the shooting sports industry, and donating $50,000 in the process, to create the MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup Scholarship program for the 2013 championship held in Columbia Mo., May 22 to May 25.
“The MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup is one of the greatest shooting championships in the world,” said Matt Fleming, MidwayUSApPresident. “This new scholarship program will provide opportunities for dozens of first-time young shooters to participate in this outstanding event making it bigger and better every year.”
Each scholarship recipient will receive:
• Travel, lodging, entry fees and expense money not to exceed $2,500.00—provided by MidwayUSA
• One Colt National Match Grade Gold Cup in 9 mm to use—provided by Colt Firearms
• One belt, One holster and magazine pouches—provided by Safariland
• Ammunition for practice and use at the match - provided by Sierra Bullets
• Two customized and personalized shooting shirts—provided by the NRA
• Mentoring from a Professional shooter during the Championship (this includes practice time at the practice range and shooting in the same squad)
“The 2013 MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup is going to be the best event yet,” said Tom Hughes, national manager NRA Pistol Program. “This scholarship program allows all these companies to combine forces and touch the lives of these young kids in order to help grow the future of the shooting sports.”
To be eligible for the MBCS, applicants must be a college age shooter (ages 18 to 22) and must be first time shooters of the Bianchi Cup. If you’re interested in applying for this scholarship, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.