Rifles > News

How to Download American Rifleman on Your iPad

American Rifleman magazine is now available as a digital download on iPad, and downloading is easy with these instructions.

Using the NRA Magazines App The new iPad edition of American Rifleman features the same expert articles and bold graphic design as its award-winning print counterpart, plus bonus content like extra photos, extra sidebars, videos, computer graphics and other interactive features not found anywhere else.

Getting American Rifleman on your iPad is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Visit the Apple App Store on your iPad to download the NRA MAGAZINES App.

2. Once downloaded to your iPad, tap the NRA MAGAZINES App and sign in by entering your NRA membership number (minus any leading zeros) and last name. Your NRA membership number is located on your NRA membership card, as well as on the right-hand side of the mailing label on your print magazine.

3. Upon verification, your available magazines will be displayed. Tap "download" to have your digital issues delivered directly to your iPad. Tap the "Library" icon at the bottom of the screen to check the status of downloaded issues and begin reading.

As an Official Journal of the NRA, American Rifleman is available exclusively to NRA members. To join the NRA and start receiving the new iPad edition of American Rifleman, please visit http://membership.nrahq.org/ or call 1-877-NRA-2000.

For a limited time, all NRA members who currently receive their magazines in print will be able to download the iPad editions. If you love everything the new iPad edition of American Rifleman has to offer, please visit http://nramemberservices.org/go-digital/ to change your magazine subscription to digital.

Comments

16 Responses to How to Download American Rifleman on Your iPad

Gerald Garcia wrote:
June 04, 2014

Please create an Android app for American Rifleman. Android is installed on more devices than iOS and Apple does not align with my political views. I'm a little surprised iOS got their own app first. Please make it available on Android and other digital devices. I just renewed my membership and elected a digital edition just to save trees. For now I'll have to use my Win8 tablet to read AR.

Forrest Simmons wrote:
May 24, 2014

In addition to a request for access from Android devices, why not make it available on Kindle or any of the many other e-readers?

David Conrad wrote:
March 17, 2014

98[%] of the equipment in business runs Windows. The best mobile devices today are running Windows... I know this is new but check for yourself. Best photos, best hardware, best of all it looks like it is a grown up version of the kiddie stuff from Apple. Please expand to include additional platforms. Apple isn't even philosophically operating on our wavelength!!

David Bruce wrote:
February 18, 2014

My wife gets Southern Living on android, and it looks great. Why is the NRA not as modern as Southern Living?

Stan Corbett wrote:
January 29, 2014

The February 2014 American Hunter says the digital magazine is available for iPad and desktop. Where is the desktop app?

Darrin W wrote:
January 26, 2014

Android app would be nice. with offline viewing.. Working with one of the existing magazine apps would be the best..

robert c gibler wrote:
January 19, 2014

Very. Nice

Dennis S. wrote:
December 11, 2013

When are we getting the Android app?

Lin wrote:
December 07, 2013

Let's get this app for Kindle Fire

Jeff Minar wrote:
November 23, 2013

Great app, lots of features. I don't own an Ipad. When will the NRA app be available for my Windows 8 Surface tablet? I would love to have it or have access to pdf versions of the magazines. Thanks!

Robert W M wrote:
September 18, 2013

Last two months I have gotten my American Rifleman and when I try to save to PDF I get nxtbook.com not responding due to long running script message. I have no trouble downloading my other digital magazines to PDF. PDF makes it som uch easier for me to read. I'm a lifetime benefactor member and have been receiving digital downloads for several years. With no problems, just lately. Anyone else having problems?

Corey wrote:
August 19, 2013

The magazines dump after a certain period of time, and you have to re-download them, I would prefer to download the magazine than use the iPad app. How do I do this?

Mike wrote:
July 23, 2013

Would be nice if the app could remember our member number so I don't have to keep taking my card out.

Jim wrote:
July 23, 2013

Yes, where is the Droid app?

David E. Hood wrote:
July 20, 2013

The new issue of American Rifleman says the mobile app can be download to an android operating system, but I find no instructions on how to accomplish the download

Tim wrote:
July 20, 2013

Love to see this app formatted to Android, as well as Kindle