Handguns > News

GLOCK Introduces New Gen4 Models

GLOCK is bringing out three new models of its Gen4 Safe Action pistol.

12/14/2011

GLOCK will be introducing three new models of its Gen4 Safe Action handgun— Models 21, 32 and 34—during the 2012 SHOT (Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade) Show.

Originally released during the 2011 SHOT Show, the Gen4 pistol came with a Multiple Back Strap system for improved ergonomics, which includes three interchangeable grip options for adjusting the grip to fit an individual shooter’s hand, as well as a new Rough Textured Frame to increase purchase.

The Gen4 magazine release has also been enlarged and is reversible without the need of additional parts; however, previous magazines will only work if the magazine release is in the original position. Internally, the recoil spring has been replaced with a dual recoil spring assembly, which reduces felt recoil and increases the life cycle of the pistol.

“GLOCK’s dedication to perfection has made it the chosen firearm for approximately 65 percent of law enforcement agencies in the United States,” said GLOCK, Inc. Vice President Gary Fletcher. “The Gen4 models are another step in that commitment to producing the best firearm for law enforcement, military and law-abiding citizens around the world.”

The Gen4 still comes with the same exterior finish, cold hammer-forged barrel, durability and Limited Lifetime Warranty praised by GLOCK users around the world. For more information, go to GLOCK.com.

Comments

13 Responses to GLOCK Introduces New Gen4 Models

Taves wrote:
August 21, 2012

I've shot over 4000 rounds in G17 Gen4. No problems while at it! As a matter of fact, the 'stove pipes', 'limp wrists', or whatever; never affected my training sessions. Bad grip and poor marksmanship... that may happen.

Brett wrote:
February 18, 2012

Then gen 4 flocks in 9mm have stiffer recoil springs and tend to stove pipe while using cheap or underpowered ammo. Glock gave me an '02 recoil spring' free of charge and now it'll shoot just as reliably and with the slightest reduction in recoil compared to a gen 3. The hotter and heavier loads of larger Calibers haven't shared this issue either.

KC wrote:
January 21, 2012

I have a gen 1 Glock 23. This weapon shoots EVERY time with the original spring installed. My 26 and my wife's 19C have the same reliability. These are our daily carry weapons and I have no fear they will Poerform

SSS wrote:
January 17, 2012

I have a gen 3 G19 that I have put over 4000 rounds through and have never had a problem and it is very accurate.

Martz wrote:
January 17, 2012

Newish owner of a Gen3 G30SF here, and already a fan of Perfection. With standard maintenance and inspection, the posted who is worried about spring failure should never need to worry. Replacement is as simple as a field strip. I can't wait to add a G26 to the fold here soon.

Melendez wrote:
January 14, 2012

Hey Fletcher... You might want to consider HK or FN... I own several models of each... very reliable brands... pricey, but you get what you pay for

Jim G wrote:
January 13, 2012

'I have a Glock23 40 cal I,m scared to shoot it much,always read about the spring wearing out,i need a gun that will stand up to shooting any time i want?' I know many owners of g23's and have never heard of such a problem. They have been around for many years, no need to worry about that.

Scared of Springs?! wrote:
January 13, 2012

SCARED OF SPRING WEARING OUT LOL that is funny! The springs will not wear out--if they do, they are normal wear items and should have replacement intervals in the owner's manual. It should take a lot of shots before they wear out. I'm guessing 1000 shots+. Check your owner's manual. If a spring in your firearm is a normal wear item then order extras and replace accordingly.

Dave wrote:
December 26, 2011

I had a Gen 4 Glock 19 for a couple of days. I shot it once and hated it. The trigger pull was horrible. I've had at least 10 other Glocks and this is the first one that has ever stove-piped on me. I traded it in for a Gen 3 model.

Matt wrote:
December 19, 2011

The 21s have already been out. The local sheriffs have had them for about a month which replaced their gen 1 21s.

Derek wrote:
December 19, 2011

I have Gen 3 Glock 23. I have shot thousands of rounds with no problems what so ever. i know hundreds of police officers who trust glock 22 or 23s everyday

Stephen Fletcher wrote: